Breakfast on the Thames. Then six hours at the TATE modern. Awesome. Cruised around in a wheelchair.. the only way to fly in expansive gallery spaces with little seating. Though cruise is not really the right word - its damn hard work - I suspect complimentary wheelchairs in galleries are designed more for people to be pushed becuase they certainly aren't easy to self propel. Anyway, I was delighted by the mobility awareness signage at the lifts. More of that please. Had been looking forward to seeing The Tanks and was not disappointed. Love Liz Rhodes' 'Light Music' and got to play drums at the Haege Yang performance installation. Also caught the Munch exhibition - currated in such an intersting way as only the TATE does. And also got to see This Exquisite Forrest, an ongoing, collaborative animation project I have read much about. Great to actually see and to see people paying such attention to animation - and even having a crack at it themselves. All in all. A great day. My body is now desperately trying to tell me I should be asleep. Gotta make it at least till the sun goes down.
1 comment:
Kerrie
said...
"Celebrate your ability to use the stairs"... Love it! I feel like leaving signs up everywhere saying "Celebrate your ability to use the stairs/ride your bike to work/stay out all day without needing to rest/clean more than one room of the house per day and not have to lie down afterwards/be able to work more and have money/go on camping holidays/go shopping for more than one hour without needing to lie down." ;-)
1 comment:
"Celebrate your ability to use the stairs"... Love it! I feel like leaving signs up everywhere saying "Celebrate your ability to use the stairs/ride your bike to work/stay out all day without needing to rest/clean more than one room of the house per day and not have to lie down afterwards/be able to work more and have money/go on camping holidays/go shopping for more than one hour without needing to lie down." ;-)
Post a Comment