Today I did the V&A museum. The Heatherwick studio exhibition was fascinating (amazing use of engineering, raw materials, and grand experiments with scale) and also particulary loved the christmas cards. Wheelchairs at V&A were much speedier than the TATE which made for a few close calls in the glass exhibition (my other favourite). Learnt that I love Constable's oil sketches.. though his finished works have never done anything for me. Revisted favourite childhood memories of my trip to London when I was five. The Egyptian Staircase at Harrods had left a huge impression on me. My other favourite memory was daily trips to Hyde Park to feed the squirrels and the ducks (although I didn't like the time the pidgeons all landed on my back and hassled me for my stash). Was fun to watch the kids doing exactly the same thing and wondering if it will be an equally vivid memory for them in thirty years time.
No comments:
Post a Comment